Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Blog 0

Concerning my prior experiences with using technology, I feel that I may behind in comparison with other students. I’ve taken a computer literacy class the summer before my freshman year. I feel that is as advanced as my computer skills go. And even then, the class was based on the Microsoft Office 07 program. I know many of my friends are a lot more technology savvy than I am and when I am in the need of help, they are usually able to answer my problems. Therefore, I feel that my technology skills are not up to par with other students.

In this class, I expect to pick up and come to par with the computer skills of my friends. I do not enjoy being dependent on someone else and I also feel that advancing my knowledge in computer literacy would able me to become a more competitive student. Through this introduction to education technology class I hope to learn how efficiently use Microsoft Office 07 and have an educational experience using Windows XP. I feels that learning these skills will allow myself to better excel in various career paths that I may have later in my life.

Based on the activity I had in class, I have learned that my learning styles lean towards more of an active and sensing style over a reflective and intuitive learning style. I retain information better by applying and teaching knowledge that by merely thinking over it. And, as for my sensing learning style, I have learned that I do not have an intuitive learning where I prefer to see relationships and discovering possibilities.

No comments: