Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blog #1

I feel that computers are an important part to the educational experience because it allows students to learn a vast amount of information and work in an efficient, timely manner. Also, since computers are used regularly in most working environments, having students being familiar with computers would be vital solution to the transitioning of students from school to the work force. The teacher-student interaction being less personable would be a critical concern I have relating to teachers and students using computers. By having computers, I feel that problems with indirect teaching habits will develop.

I feel that we will use the computers in the classroom in the same way that a computer literacy class would usually use computers in a classroom. We will most likely learn how to use the fundamental and basic applications on the Windows XP software. However, I feel that this class will probably use these applications that could be practically applied to teaching purposes. In this class, I hope to become more familiar with the Microsoft Office 07 application. I still use the earlier version, Microsoft Office 03 and feel that I am almost ambiguous to newer technology.

The honest reason why I chose Education as my major was because I thought, wherever my life would take me and through whatever choices I’ve made, I would be content with becoming a teacher when I was older. The job seems to be very secure, awesome hours, I would be contributing to society, and I would usually be the smartest head in the room. However, I don’t plan on going into a career with my major until I am least 25. And in that time span, who knows where I am going then. I might not even want to use my major then. So, preparing for if my future is not to my interest, I have chosen teaching to be a reliable way for me to settle myself with and officially grow old with.

No comments: