Wednesday, October 15, 2008

blog 4

As a teacher, the best way I feel I could use the concepts from chapter 7 would be for a giant project that would require lost of research and information. I feel that these concepts would help organize the thoughts and points of the student. Concept maps would also seem to help the student distinguish the differences and importance of concepts and properties. In this situation, a certain technology I would I want to use would be the Inspiration processor on Windows XP. The student would be able to present their information on a well organized, clean concept map template.

I would encourage my students to develop outlines, idea map, and storyboarding skills, but, however, would never make it a requirement. I feel that having these skills would allow the students to become better at organizing their thoughts and would allow them to use a formulaic routine to come up with a complicated product. By making these skills the required organizational structure to base a lesson on, however, would hinder the educational experience of some students. Though there are positive aspects that having these skills would include, depriving a child to creatively use their own method of problem solving to research and organize information, allowing him/her to only use a specific standard method would be, to me, unreasonable.

One obvious skill that I have acquired is the use of MS Word 07. If Microsoft does not come out with an updated version by the time I have entered my career, I could very possibly be using the exact same processor in my daily working- routine. This computer literacy skill will be especially useful to me when I have to create worksheets and testing papers. Learning to create newsletters will especially be used with MS Word.

No comments: