Tuesday, October 14, 2008

blog 3

One lesson plan that I might create, that would use technology in someway, would most likely be based around the use of a computer. I would use the Internet and an Electronic Database as a tool to help my students to present to the class different cultures from around the world. They may retrieve their base information through databases and learn important background information. They may also use the internet to search for popular fashion for their cultural society and also daily routines that are geared towards that specific culture. The subject matter that I would base the lesson plan on would be in Social Studies and be toward grades levels of 4th to 12th.

I visually critiqued the website on “espn.com.” There were many things on the website that I felt correctly followed the rules of graphic design principals that I had learned in Chapter 6. Some of these rules included using general design principals, limiting down the website to only 3 colors, and keeping the text lines short to show important highlights. However, there was an aspect of the website that did not match up to par with the rules of Chapter 6. This aspect was the use of flashing. These flashes mostly came from ads on the side of the screen, however, and didn’t distract my attention too much from the actual content. Besides that, I felt the website had a very organize screen, a nice simplified structures, and understood who their target audience was.
espn

To be honest, I have not had a bad experience with copyrighted material. Although, I feel the worst that is possible with the unfair use of copyrighted material in a school environment would to be committed of plagiarism. However, I have been noted before for poor work-citation-sheet errors. And for situations like those, I would deal with those concepts more carefully than the way I was taught to prevent others from growing up with a low appreciation to detail on work-cited pages. As far as my students using information they garnered from the internet to use in their own works, I would emphasize the importance of where they reference their information and double check all the sources of information, spotting to see if any of their sources are unreliable.

No comments: